Sitting back, enjoying the breeze and kvetching

Monday, January 21, 2008

Good movie, bad movie deal - theater should offer Atonement

I'd been thinking of canning this blog, because it seems like I have so little time to devote to blogging nowadays. I'm back. I've got to kvetch about this.

I went to the movies yesterday, and saw Atonement. It's a great flick -- multi-layered, with a dose of mystery -- not a saccharine romance. I recommend it.




Atonement: go see it.



Here's the bad part: After paying $9 to get in (I know, not bad by New York standards) and paying another 9 bucks for a small Diet Coke and popcorn, I had to sit through commercials.

Commercials, mind you, not trailers or coming attraction, which I like seeing. We were inflicted with actual commercials.

Oh, the horror.

Maybe the financial picture is gloomy enough that movie-theater operators feel they have to do this to survive.

It makes me want to stay home and watch DVDs, or just read.

That's the best idea -- read the book.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Dear Saint Pat,

I didn't even know you had this blog. Just found it. I've been wondering about "Atonement." Thanks for the review. I'll go. Will probably only pay 8.00 here in Texas though.

You're cool.

Lindy

Pat R said...

Atonement was a great flick; it looked and felt a lot like Pride and Prejudice... come to think of it, both movies have the same director, leading lady, both are based on books and both take place in England

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.